Sunday 15th September – This year on Sunday 15th September, the JWF Team are hosting a stall at the fabulous Queen’s Park (family fun) Day, to raise money for our Superstar Boy Jago! We will be selling cakes, books, vintage clothes, ceramics, art, jewellery, handmade cards, and toys and there will also be a raffle with wonderful prizes including Vivian Westwood shoes, designer handbags, and two hampers stuffed full of luxury Rodial & Nip and Fab beauty products!
We will have an incredible goodie bag sale where you can pocket yourself a Lucky Dip Designer paper bag full with fantastic vintage and designer treats and yummy body care products, each bag is a secret till you open it, so who knows what treasures you might find!
Queen’s Park Day is a large, popular, free community event held in Queen’s Park each September. There are arena events, music on the bandstand, donkey rides, fancy dress and other competitions and stalls, with yummy food and drinks for the older folk, and so much for kids to do! Check the link for more information – www.qpark.org.uk/queens-park-day
It would be wonderful to see as many of you lovely folk who can make it and don’t forget to share this link on your FB page and Twitter so your friends and family can come too! The money we make on the day will go towards the conversion of the family dining room into Jago’s new bedroom and bathroom, which will be so more practical and will give Jago a window on to the garden.
See you on the 15th September!
Queens Park, London, NW6.
Queens Park underground & over ground
Kensal Rise over ground
September 8th - Once again the mighty Mark Branwhite – the Barber from Maidenhead and Superstar fund-raiser for Jago is about to embark on his next mammoth challenge, The Maidenhead Half Marathon on Sunday 8th September. Mark will be running dressed as a beer bottle; a challenge in itself!.
Mark is running to raise up to £1,000 for The Jago Worrall Foundation. GO MARK! .
You may remember Mark raised over £600 for JWF when he ran in the Edinburgh Marathon back in May this year, wearing his supercool JWF vest.
The Worrall family and the team here at JWF are as always extremely grateful to Mark for undertaking such enduring challenges and for choosing JWF as his charity. We will be cheering him on and invite you all to do the same, either in person on the day.
Please feel free to sponsor Mark through the Jago Worrall Just Giving page http://www.justgiving.com/thejagoworrallfoundation
Sunday 26th May – please get behind Mark Branwhite from Maidenhead who is running the Edinburgh Marathon on Sunday 26th May for Jago!. Please get behind him and sponsor him here www.justgiving.com/thejagoworrallfoundation. Lets all get behind Mark and give him lots of good wishes and support. Good luck Mark – we will be supporting you all the way! The JWF Team x
We raised a massive £40k at The JWF launch event – thanks to everybody that contributed in some way shape or form. Those that gave up their time for free, donated prizes, delivered and fetched and carried, the volunteers on the night, the amazing people who dressed the venue. There are just too many to mention individually. A very big thank you from the bottom of our hearts to EVERYBODY. x
THE 1ST NOVEMBER FUNDRAISER – Launch Event
To launch the foundation, Lyn and Barney wanted to host an evening, to raise awareness of near drowning accidents and raise much needed funds to improve Jago’s future.
Taking place at the Tabernacle, Notting Hill on the 1st November, this exciting event has already attracted much celebrity attention and interest from the art and fashion world. The guest list includes Sadie Frost, Jamie Theakston, Tyrone Wood and James Jagger. The night is set to be a unique fundraiser, with entertainment by Lenny Beige, plus a silent auction with spectacular items, including original signed prints donated by Ronnie Wood and Sir Peter Blake, plus a bespoke dress by Roland Mouret. It promises to be a fabulous party and memorable evening to raise lots of cash!
We have some fantastic raffle prizes and you can all purchase tickets. Raffle tickets are £20 each or £100 for 5. To purchase the tickets visit www.justgiving.com/thejagoworrallfoundation and make sure you leave a comment highlighting how many tickets you have purchased!. The raffle will be drawn on the night and winners will be announced on facebook and twitter…..
NOTE: Please make sure you DO NOT tick the gift aid box if you purchase raffle tickets through just giving as we cannot claim back gift aid for this.
- Jordan Askill gold heart ring
- An amazing 1 week apartment in Cyprus (not including flights) *subject to terms and conditions
- Dulcie dress – 100 % Silk Crepe de Chine. Electric Blue
- Signed Tim Minchin picture/DVD/CD
- Pair of Classic short UGG boots UK3 to UK8 in Black, Chestnut, Grey, Chocolate or Navy
- Set of signed Young Bond books by author and Fast Show creator Charlie Higson
- Signed Caitlin Moran books
- Signed Sherlock postcard of Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman
- Voucher for 2 at The Berkeley Hotel for a Champagne Pret a Portea (tea for two)
- 2 bottles of Veuve Clicquot champagne
- One Day International England Cricket Shirt signed by the team (10 signatures)
- Signed golf items from Justin Rose
- Downton Abbey items
- One man’s Mulberry bag
- Jack French bag filled with beauty goodies
- Jimmy Choo Bag
- Dinner for 4 including drinks at Roast Restaurant in London’s iconic Borough Market. Roast uses the finest seasonal ingredients to create classical British cooking that both supports and celebrates Britain’s farmers and producers. Opened in 2005 by restaurateur Iqbal Wahhab OBE, founder of the legendary Cinnamon Club, Roast has since won a legion of fans and a clutch of awards
- A signed Polpo cookbook and dinner for two including drinks
- Horiyoshi scarf
- A selection of cd’s from Warner music
- 10 Bliss beauty hampers each worth £303,40. Bliss Spa is renowned for award winning spa services and skin care products
- Tanja S London iconic double wedge boots and sandals are regulars on the most glamorous celebrities’ wish lists worldwide including Katie Holmes and Lady Gaga and we have three pairs of theses designer wedge shoes from the Spring Summer 2012 Tanja Savic collection all size 37 (UK 4)
- Asma Khan Indian Chef will cook a meal for 6 and deliver anywhere in London
- Dinner for 4 at top Mexican restaurant Tortilla
- Heidi Klein bikini
- Pollen Street Social Restaurant – set lunch for 2 including wine
- Thalgo Mens Box
- Thalgo Hyaluronic box for Women
* Raffle subject to JWF terms & conditions